Estate Planning Information
Estate planning encompasses the growth, conservation, and transfer of an individual’s wealth through the creation and maintenance of an “estate plan.” The purpose of estate planning is to develop a strategy that will maintain the financial security of individuals through their lifetime and facilitate the intended transfer of their property and assets at death, while taking into consideration the unique circumstances of the family and the potential costs of different methods.
All too often, we hear:
- "I'm too young to do estate planning."
- "All my property is titled in joint tenancy with my spouse so I don't need a will."
- "Estate planning is only for the super-rich."
- "Estate planning is too complicated and expensive."
- "Doesn't the government provide for that?"
- "We did our wills right after we got married 30 years ago and see no need for further planning."
If you seek advice and guidance with regard to your estate planning needs, please view our website and search for a the type of member that meets your needs. As an alternative, you can search for an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) or Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS) designation holder in your area on the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils website.
Featured ArticlesAkron law firm, Legal Aid co-hosting free legal clinic
Legal News Reporter ... housing conditions, name changes, powers of attorney, protection orders, special education, taxes, will and estate planning.The American College of Financial Services Names Stephen J. Grourke Senior Vice President for ...
Grourke comes to The American College from Villanova University where he served as executive director for the Office of Estate and Gift Planning.R– Request for Information VA Caregivers Program
(1) financial planning services relating to the needs of injured Veterans and ... The amounts of financial planning and legal services needed will vary ...Old Point Financial (OPOF) vs. Mercantil Bank (NASDAQ:AMTB) Head-To-Head Survey
In addition, it offers trust and estate planning products and services, ... Newport News, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg/James City County, and ...Oakhurst Library to Host Elder Care Strategies Seminar with Martha Patterson on Saturday, March ...
Patterson, a California certified specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law is the founder of Geisler Patterson Law. She focuses on elder law, ...