Chartiable Gift Annunity Planning
John M. Barger, Chairman and President/CEO of Deseret Trust Company will present to the group on Charitable Gift Annuity Planning and the opportunities that such tools provide the estate planning community.
John M. Barger joined Deseret Trust Company in 2013. He previously worked for brokerage and bank-affiliated trust companies and investment management firms in Montana and Utah, serving as senior trust administrator, senior trust officer and senior vice president.
His main responsibilities at Deseret Trust Company include:
- Serving as the chairman of the board of trustees.
- Developing and stating long-range company objectives.
- Monitoring the financial health of the company.
- Recruiting and motivating qualified staff.
- Overseeing the annual operating budget and capital expenditures.
- Overseeing trust and custody accounts.
- Serving as a liaison to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts (Literature in English) – Excelsior College
- Master of Education – Montana State University
- Graduate of Cannon Personal Trust School
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor – Institute of Certified Bankers
- Certified Specialist in Planned Giving – American Institute of Philanthropic Studies
- Past member of the Utah Planned Giving Roundtable Board of Directors